Functions of an Online Mentoring and Professional Learning Portal PROCEEDINGS
David Gibson, National Institute for Community Innovations, United States
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Montreal, Canada Publisher: AACE, Chesapeake, VA
How does online collaboration work when a learner is in complete control of the dialog with advisors? How can remote advisors provide high quality feedback on work samples and artifacts? This paper discusses the online Professional Learning Portal project underway at the National Institute for Community Innovations, and presents some of the details of the theory and thinking that is guiding the development. The web-based software is part of work by the National Institute for Community Innovations (NICI at http://nici-mc2.org) to develop tools for enhancing preservice education and supporting increased use of technology, especially in Professional Development Schools.
Gibson, D. (2002). Functions of an Online Mentoring and Professional Learning Portal. In M. Driscoll & T. Reeves (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2002 (pp. 1513-1516). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved March 7, 2014 from http://www.editlib.org/p/9375.
© 2002 AACE
- Bentley, T. (1999, December 8 ). Students empowered in Montpelier [Our Generation Page]. Times Argus Newspaper.
- Carroll, T. (2000 ). If we didn’t have the schools we have today–would we create the schools we have today? Keynote speech at the AACE/SITE conference, San Diego, CA. Csikszentmihalyi, M. (1996). Creativity: Flow and the psycholo gy of discovery and invention. New York: HarperPerennial, a division of Harper Collins
- Fiebelkorn, D. (1997). An ethnography of change: A year in the life of capital city high school. Unpublished draft of doctoral dissertation, University of Vermont, Burlington. Friedrichs, A. (2000). Continuous learning dialogues: An ethnography of personal learning plans' impact on four river high school learners. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. University of Vermont.
- Gibson, D. (1999). Mapping the dynamics of change: A complexity theory analysis of innovation in five Vermont high schools . . Unpublished doctoral dissertation. University of Vermont.
- Gibson, D. (2000). Complexity theory as a leadership framework. Montpelier, VT: VISMT. Available: http://www.vismt.org/pub/ComplexityandLeadership.pdf
- Gibson, D. & Clarke, J. (1999). Growing towards systemic change . Providence, RI: The Regional Laboratory.
- Moffett, J. (1998). The universal schoolhouse: Spiritual awakening through education. Portland, ME: Calendar Island Publishers.
- Stiggins, R. J. (1997). Student -centered classroom assessment. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill, Prentice Hall.
- Wiggins, G. (1989). Teaching to the (authentic) test. Educational Leadership, 46: 41-46.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.