An Educational Portal Oriented to the Development of Dynamic Learning Communities on the Internet in Brazil: The EduKBr Portal
Save to My Collections
Lucena, M. (2001). An Educational Portal Oriented to the Development of Dynamic Learning Communities on the Internet in Brazil: The EduKBr Portal. In C. Montgomerie & J. Viteli (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2001 (pp. 1174-1175). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/8681.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2001
Craig Montgomerie & Jarmo Viteli
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
The mutual plan/objective of this project is the construction of an Educational Portal-- the EduKBr Portal--for a virtual Internet community that values education, quality of information and the process of knowledge-building. The EduKBr Portal Project is a technical-educational product idealized, developed and implemented by EduWeb with the participation and partnership of Kidlink Project in Brazil's multidisciplinary team. During 1998, Kidlink and Kidlink Project in Brazil were awarded and/or received governmental aid. Nowadays, the KBr Project coordinates the Kidlink in Brazil Project and is ahead of all activities and national socio-educational projects that support the development of the global Kidlink Portuguese Language Forum. The main goal of the new KBr Project and its Portal is to "spread the word" about the Internet mentality and support the Brazilian Educational System, with activities, cooperative projects, own educational web sites and communication/interaction in Portuguese to schools, youngsters and parents and professionals in Education.
- ViCO – A Virtual Consulting Office on Information Communication Technologies Developments for Higher Education Academic Staff, Students and Graduates.
- The Development and Evaluation of a Multimedia Application Designed to Assist Greek Deaf Children During their Early Stages of Reading
- Building a Virtual Knowledge Community
- Ontological Hypermedia in Education: A framework for building web-based educational portals
- Guidelines for E-Learning - Advantages and Disadvantages
- Developing Web-Based Tools and Support Model for Lifelong Learning and Learning Evaluation Processes in Higher Education – ICT- Framework for Course and Learning Management, Personal Study Plans, Guidance and Counseling in University of Jyvaskyla
- Social Networks in Education
- Using social networking tools in educational settings: Student attitudes and perceptions of NING
- A Monitoring Program for Evaluation of Educational Software on the World Wide Web
- Electronic Collaborative Learning Architecture: Spanning Time and Distance in Professional Development
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.