Development of LAN-based Multimedia CAL System Using German Vocabulary Database
Save to My Collections
Lin, C., Narita, S. & Yanagida, Y. (1999). Development of LAN-based Multimedia CAL System Using German Vocabulary Database. In B. Collis & R. Oliver (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 1999 (p. 1627). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/7278.
In recent years, many researches have been reported on the application of personal computers to educational fields in multimedia environments. We also have developed a CAI/CAL system that supports to learn and teach foreign language by using multimedia technology. This paper is a report on the LAN-based Multimedia CAL system that supports to learn German by browsing its vocabulary database and using several functions. This system provides an interface designed for easy browsing and several functions to refer the words or the sentences quickly. Moreover the users can hear the pronunciations of all the word and the associated sentences, and see the illustration associated with the word. This system has been evaluated by actually using in the German classes. It was well received by the students, particularly on the point of Layout and Functions. After this, we intend to improve this system and expand it to be used on WWW.
- A REVIEW OF WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS FOR PROGRAMMING
- Ingredients of Educational Portals as Infrastructures for Informal Learning Activities
- Distributed e-Portfolios to Recognise Informal Learning
- Engagement and knowledge sharing in a virtual learning community
- Digital selves: Preparing graduates for the virtual workplace
- A Dialogue on E-Learning and Diversity: the Learning Management System vs the Personal Learning Environment
- Web 2.0 or Identity 2.0: The Roles of Web 2.0 Tools on the Identity Construction of Turkish Youth
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.