A reality check: Taking authentic e-learning from design to implementation
Save to My Collections
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
June 26, 2012
Tel Amiel & Brent Wilson
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
Tampere University of Applied Sciences has developed a postgraduate certificate program for teaching in higher education that is currently being implemented at Higher Colleges of Technology in the United Arab Emirates. In the design of the program, the principles of authentic e-learning (Herrington, Reeves, & Oliver 2010) have been used as a guideline. This paper examines how the design principles have been transferred into practice and how the elements of authentic learning have been realized from the student perspective. The experiences of the students have been mapped in a survey conducted after the first semester of the program. The data was analyzed with the help of the authentic e-learning framework in order to identify the challenges and successes regarding the implementation of the elements of authentic e-learning and thus draw guidelines for future development.
Teräs, H., Teräs, M. & Herrington, J. (2012). A reality check: Taking authentic e-learning from design to implementation. In T. Amiel & B. Wilson (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2012 (pp. 2219-2228). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 5, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/41058.
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- A Comparison of Learners' Achievement between Blended Learning and Distance Learning
- The Effects of Computer-Assisted Concept Mapping on EFL Students’English Reading
- Social Networking and Education: Using Facebook as an Edusocial Space
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2011
- Becoming an Educational Technology Leader Though Online Education
- The Ecology in Architecture Design Project: Pedagogical, Graphic and Technological Strategic Choices
- Technology, Transfer and Teaching: The Impact of a Single Technology Course on Preservice Teachers’ Computer Attitudes and Ability
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.