Opportunities of Videowiki in Information Systems Education
Save to My Collections
Makkonen, P. (2012). Opportunities of Videowiki in Information Systems Education. In T. Amiel & B. Wilson (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2012 (pp. 401-409). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/40777.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
June 26, 2012
Tel Amiel & Brent Wilson
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
This paper describes the combination of a wiki and screen capture videos as a complementary addition to conventional lectures in an information management and information systems development course. Our basis was collaborative problem-based learning with the problems defined by students. The idea was that students were expected to find concepts or issues from our lecture material which are not well-defined or clarified for themThe students worked in small groups of two or three students or they completed the coursework individually. First, the students selected the theme which was most unclear for them. Second, the students selected the problematic things from this area and created the presentations associated with these issues. Our intention was that in this way we could run collaborative learning under the principles of the Jigsaw method. In this technique different students create presentations on different themes and the students teach each other by using these video presentations.
- The Status of SMART Education in KOREA
- Videos In Education: The Spoon That Broke The Camel’s Back
- Preparing teachers for the digital age
- Development of Software Tool to Support PowerPoint Presentations Using Android Mobile Device for Teachers
- Using smart phones to support student teachers’ learning to teach
- Teaching with Cloud Technology: Google Docs for Chinese Language Learning
- Teaching 21st Century Learners with Mobile Devices
- CARE: Creating Augmented Reality in Education
- E-textbooks: ¿the next forgotten fad?
- Use Cloud Resources as Collaborative Media for Teaching: Evaluation and Design
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.