Social Studies Teacher Educators' Use of the Wise Practice Case Database in Teacher Education Programs
Save to My Collections
Relatively little research has attempted to understand social studies teacher educators’ uses of technologies that are specifically designed for teaching and learning discipline-specific pedagogy and content. The Wise Practice Case Database (WPCD) provides an opportunity to use technology that is specific to social studies teacher education. In order to understand how and why social studies teacher educators used the WPCD, this study collected self-reported uses of instructors in their classes. The results indicate that the cases were used with specific purposes; however, their inconsistent and limited uses may impede pre-service teachers’ learning. In addition, five critical factors associated with their use are identified, and recommendations for how the WPCD can improve and address the needs of social studies teacher educators are also discussed.
Shin, S., Brush, T. & Saye, J. (2012). Social Studies Teacher Educators' Use of the Wise Practice Case Database in Teacher Education Programs. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 4624-4631). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 6, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/40338.
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- SITE's Digital Fabrication Initative
- Implementing Embedded Assessment to Provide Feedback to Student and Instructor.
- Usable But Not Entertaining e-Learning Material
- The “Corporate University” as Technological and Scientific Support of the Virtual Education in Latin America
- Engaging Teacher Candidates in Online Literature Circles
- Keeping the Human Element at the Center College-Level Writing Online: Methods and Materials
- Developing the NIDA International Program Methadone Research Web Guide and Tutorial
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.