Pre-Service Mathematics Teachers’ Learning and Teaching of Activity-Based Lessons Supported with Spreadsheets
Save to My Collections
Agyei, D. & Voogt, J. (2012). Pre-Service Mathematics Teachers’ Learning and Teaching of Activity-Based Lessons Supported with Spreadsheets. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 4322-4329). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/40295.
Mathematics education research has shown that too few students have adequate mathematics comprehension or problem-solving skills. To make up for this lapse in student outcomes, mathematics teachers should be among the most enthusiastic in seeking to maximize technologies’ potential to develop student understanding, stimulate student interest, and increase student mathematics proficiency. In this study, pre-service mathematics teachers worked in teams to develop their knowledge and skills in designing activity-based lessons supported by spreadsheets. The pre-service teachers developed and demonstrated their knowledge and skill adequately during the design and enactment of their lessons. The results also showed that, the activity-based lessons supported by spreadsheets served a useful pedagogical approach, impacted on student learning outcomes and has the potential of improving teaching and learning mathematics in secondary education
- Determining Teachers’ TPACK through observations and self-report data
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Developing Teacher’s TPCK for Teaching Mathematics With Spreadsheets
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Observation Instrument
- Teachers’ assessment of TPACK: Where are we and what is needed?
- The Expanded Will, Skill, Tool Model : A Step toward Developing Technology Tools That Work
- Instructors and Students Competences, Perceptions and Access to E-learning Technologies: Implications for E-learning Implementation at the Open University of Tanzania
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- Pre-service teachers’ competencies for technology integration: Insights from a mathematics-specific instructional technology course
- Mathematics Teachers Developing Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK)
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.