Technology Integration within Physical Education Teacher Education
Save to My Collections
The national Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE) standards include a more integrated approach to teaching pre-service teachers about technology. This study investigated the preparedness for technology integration of 198 teacher educators within nationally recognized PETE programs. The study used survey research design to identify current technologies used, analyze current level of technology proficiency and integration, identify factors that aid or hinder technology infusion. Roger‘s Diffusion Theory and the Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge Framework were used as theoretical guides. Results indicated low proficiency and integration levels. Further, the level of proficiency predicted integration levels significantly. The results suggest that both the national and regional associations as well as PETE administrators should explore various professional development models in using technology as well as teaching effective teaching strategies related to technology.
Baert, H. (2012). Technology Integration within Physical Education Teacher Education. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 2220-2225). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 12, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/39914.
- iPod, iPhone, and now iPad: The evolution of multimedia access in a mobile teaching context
- iPads in the Classroom – New Technologies, Old Issues: Are they worth the effort?
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Educational Technology: Pedagogical tools in Physical Education
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- Preparing and Training Teachers to Use Technology in their Classrooms: Educational Technology Course Design
- Three Perspectives on Technological Pedagogical and Content Knowledge: Framing Technology Education using TPACK
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Channeling the channel: Can iPad meet the needs of today’s M-Learner
- SITE's Digital Fabrication Initative
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.