Using Online Learning Networks to Promote Self-Regulated Learning in Primary Teacher Education
Save to My Collections
Many recent studies have stressed the importance of students’ self-regulated learning (SRL) skills for successful learning. Consequently, teacher educators are stimulated to increase student teachers’ SRL opportunities in educational pre-service programs. Although primary teacher educators are aware of the importance of SRL, they often find it difficult to implement SRL opportunities in their teaching. To provide more insight into relevant SRL aspects and support SRL implementation in pre-service teacher education, the present study first presents seven SRL design principles, summarized in an SRL model for primary teacher education. Then, the SRL model is implemented in non formal learning contexts in primary teacher education. Finally, based on the positive results of the implementation process, the development of online learning networks is advised to enhance further implementation of SRL in pre-service learning programs. In such educational settings, the SRL model can be used as a holistic model.
Vrieling, E., Bastiaens, T. & Stijnen, S. (2012). Using Online Learning Networks to Promote Self-Regulated Learning in Primary Teacher Education. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 1276-1284). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 10, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/39756.
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- How Virtual Learning Environments Function to Simulate IEP Team Meetings in a Distance Teacher Education Program
- The “Corporate University” as Technological and Scientific Support of the Virtual Education in Latin America
- SITE's Digital Fabrication Initative
- Usable But Not Entertaining e-Learning Material
- Implementing Embedded Assessment to Provide Feedback to Student and Instructor.
- Keeping the Human Element at the Center College-Level Writing Online: Methods and Materials
- Developing the NIDA International Program Methadone Research Web Guide and Tutorial
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.