Enabling Usability & Interaction within the Development of Health Information Technology Systems with Virtual Worlds
Save to My Collections
Global TIME (Global TIME) 2012
February 7, 2012
Table of Contents
As the United States (US) continues to become a wired society then it is imperative that the majority of the industries within the country follow suite. As the Department of Defense (DoD) has relied significantly on technology to fight a battle that has become more and more net centric over the years it is time for those industries such as health care to change. The health care industry in its current stage has been identified as technological inept to handle newly available tools such as social media, virtual technology, Open Source Software (OSS), mobile computing, and platforms such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Thus to prepare this industry it is key to test all functionality of new applications that will provide ends users an easy method for accepting these new technological features. Being able to test the Human Computer Interaction (HCI) will be key for success.
Dawson, M. & Al Saeed, I. (2012). Enabling Usability & Interaction within the Development of Health Information Technology Systems with Virtual Worlds. In Proceedings of Global TIME 2012 (pp. 1-4). AACE. Retrieved December 11, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/39385.
- Applicability of Web 2.0: Training for Tactical Military Applications
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- Utilization of e-Learning Tools, Virtual Machines, & Open Source Software to Enhance Graduate Systems Engineering Programs
- Law professors and the iPad: A likely innovation?
- A Comparison of Learners' Achievement between Blended Learning and Distance Learning
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers
- The Effects of Computer-Assisted Concept Mapping on EFL Students’English Reading
- The Ecology in Architecture Design Project: Pedagogical, Graphic and Technological Strategic Choices
- Social Networking and Education: Using Facebook as an Edusocial Space
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.