A Framework for Agile Instructional Development
Save to My Collections
This paper presents a conceptual framework for agile instructional development that is intended to support efficiency while fostering pedagogical excellence. The framework addresses the lack of scholarly literature that formally describes agile instructional development in terms of its goals, characteristics, theoretical foundations and methods. The intersection of agile values and existing instructional development process component is the foundation of the framework. Such a framework will scaffold new research by situating agile instructional development in a pedagogical context rather than a software development context. The proposed framework will also facilitate the identification of new prescriptive practices and technologies to assist with the development process. This foundational paper is part of a more extensive research agenda to develop a cohesive set of guidelines, recommended practices, technologies and maturity model for agile instructional development. This paper concludes with a description of how the current work will be extended into a broader research agenda.
Bratt, S. (2011). A Framework for Agile Instructional Development. In Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2011 (pp. 1830-1839). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 9, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/38993.
- Designing with and for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Evolution of GeoThentic
- Using e-Learning Technologies in Developing Remeditainment Products for the Treatment of Children with Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Post degree online course in Haematopathology and e-Learning: description of an innovative curriculum in e-Learning
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- Using RSS in Collaborative Course Development
- Teaching for Success: Technology and Learning Styles in Preservice Teacher Education
- Reducing E-Learning Development Costs Using a Streamlined XML-based Approach
- Using Authentic Situations and Avatars to Build Knowledge in an E-Learning Environment
- Inspiring Learning and Teaching: Using e-tools to Facilitate Change
- Scenario making support in PBL
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.