Extended Enterprise Learning: Building Your Business with External Training
Save to My Collections
Challenging economic times and changing business processes have brought great change to the learning market.Blended learning (face-to-face and online) has increasingly become the norm, creating opportunities to expand the reach of training sessions to more people inside and outside an organization. Delivering external training to customers and partners offers a host of proven benefits. Training customers to use your products and services helps maximize usage, enhances their productivity and improves customer retention. There is an added benefit that more and more innovative organizations are adopting: the opportunity to create a new revenue stream by offering fee-based training. In this session, we will discuss customer training and how monetization is a substantial opportunity for businesses to grow revenue in the training space.•Web conferencing as a customer training tool•The differences between internal and external training operations•What is needed to provide effective external training programs•The benefits of monetizing external training
Gilbert, B. (2011). Extended Enterprise Learning: Building Your Business with External Training. In Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2011 (p. 1223). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 13, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/38882.
- Designing with and for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Evolution of GeoThentic
- Using e-Learning Technologies in Developing Remeditainment Products for the Treatment of Children with Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Post degree online course in Haematopathology and e-Learning: description of an innovative curriculum in e-Learning
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- Using RSS in Collaborative Course Development
- Teaching for Success: Technology and Learning Styles in Preservice Teacher Education
- Reducing E-Learning Development Costs Using a Streamlined XML-based Approach
- Using Authentic Situations and Avatars to Build Knowledge in an E-Learning Environment
- Inspiring Learning and Teaching: Using e-tools to Facilitate Change
- Scenario making support in PBL
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.