Innovative teaching and learning strategies and approaches for 21stC
Save to My Collections
Bhattacharya, M., Mach, N., Moallem, M. & Barton, S. (2011). Innovative teaching and learning strategies and approaches for 21stC. In Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2011 (pp. 1051-1053). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/38852.
At the symposium presenters will introduce creative approaches to teaching through implementation and pedagogies, of curricula and contents to facilitate learning in the present era of technological advancement. They will emphasize the necessity of fostering development of 21st century skills through constant exploration of available technologies and identifying new approaches of using the tools. Implementation of strategies such as co-construction of meaning and active role of the learners in the process of learning will be discussed. Discussion will include innovative teaching, learning and assessment such as informal learning, communities of practices, self-directed learning, and assessment in a multicultural context. Further discussion will involve the participants in establishing the connection between cultural values and newer approaches to learning. A plan for future cross-cultural research studies will be proposed.
- Designing with and for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Evolution of GeoThentic
- Using e-Learning Technologies in Developing Remeditainment Products for the Treatment of Children with Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Post degree online course in Haematopathology and e-Learning: description of an innovative curriculum in e-Learning
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- Using RSS in Collaborative Course Development
- Teaching for Success: Technology and Learning Styles in Preservice Teacher Education
- Reducing E-Learning Development Costs Using a Streamlined XML-based Approach
- Using Authentic Situations and Avatars to Build Knowledge in an E-Learning Environment
- Inspiring Learning and Teaching: Using e-tools to Facilitate Change
- Scenario making support in PBL
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.