The use of internet to improve English command in the students of the BA in Language Teaching
Save to My Collections
The use of Internet by millions of people around the world is undeniable. More people are utilizing it for different purposes, such as socializing, buying, selling, studying, and many others. For educational institutions that invest in technology, it is essential to find out the way students are using this powerful tool that includes a lot of unlimited resources for learning. That is the case of The Language School of Universidad Autonoma de Baja California in Tijuana México, where a group of teachers are trying to identify the practices students carry out to support their language learning by using the internet. This best practices paper intends to describe and discuss the activities language students engage in when using the internet with language learning purposes by presenting the results of a survey designed by a group of teachers to find out the way students use the internet to improve their command in the target language.
Dominguez Gaona, M.d.R., Romero Monteverde, M. & Zamora Leyva, A.R. (2011). The use of internet to improve English command in the students of the BA in Language Teaching. In Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2011 (pp. 72-76). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 18, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/38676.
- Designing with and for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Evolution of GeoThentic
- Using e-Learning Technologies in Developing Remeditainment Products for the Treatment of Children with Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Post degree online course in Haematopathology and e-Learning: description of an innovative curriculum in e-Learning
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- Using RSS in Collaborative Course Development
- Teaching for Success: Technology and Learning Styles in Preservice Teacher Education
- Reducing E-Learning Development Costs Using a Streamlined XML-based Approach
- Using Authentic Situations and Avatars to Build Knowledge in an E-Learning Environment
- Inspiring Learning and Teaching: Using e-tools to Facilitate Change
- Scenario making support in PBL
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.