Does the TPACK framework help to design a more engaging learning environment?
Save to My Collections
Maor, D. & Roberts, P. (2011). Does the TPACK framework help to design a more engaging learning environment?. In T. Bastiaens & M. Ebner (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 (pp. 3498-3504). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/38360.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2011
June 27, 2011
Theo Bastiaens & Martin Ebner
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
This paper describes an attempt to design an e-learning course within a framework that combines theoretical underpinnings with pedagogy and content knowledge. It focuses on how a university lecturer can facilitate learning that integrates pedagogical and technological knowledge. The Technology Pedagogy And Content Knowledge (TPACK) framework enables new ways of thinking about technology integration and emphasises the intersection of these three domains: technology, pedagogy and content knowledge. Students’ involvement in a blended learning course and their reflections were examined to provide a picture of the synergy or lack there of in relation to this framework. This paper offers a look at the intersections of the TPACK domains to consider how the use of Web 2 technologies in teaching complement the other domains. It also describes how students assessed the combination of the technological, pedagogical and content knowledge domains in their learning experiences.
- Teachers’ assessment of TPACK: Where are we and what is needed?
- Using Structured Interviews to Assess Experienced Teachers’ TPACK
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric
- An Elaborated Model of the TPACK Framework
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Observation Instrument
- Determining Teachers’ TPACK through observations and self-report data
- A case study of the differences between experienced and in-experienced math teachers' TPACK
- Unpacking the “Total PACKage”: Emergent TPACK Characteristics From a Study of Preservice Teachers Teaching With Technology
- What would John Dewey Do: Programmatic design for developing TPACK for 21st Century Learning
- Integrating Multimedia in Elementary Mathematics to Improve Mathematical Learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.