Preparing Teachers of the Future: A National Initiative to Integrate ICT in Teacher Education in Australia
Save to My Collections
Lane, J. (2011). Preparing Teachers of the Future: A National Initiative to Integrate ICT in Teacher Education in Australia. In T. Bastiaens & M. Ebner (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 (pp. 451-456). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/37904.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2011
June 27, 2011
Theo Bastiaens & Martin Ebner
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
This paper shares a journey of innovation and change to integrate ICT in Teacher Education Courses in a School of Teacher Education in Australia. It is linked to two initiatives, The Teaching Teachers for the Future Project (TTF), led by the Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) and Curriculum 2012, a university- based curriculum reform project. Thirty-seven Australian Universities are currently involved in the larger TTF project. It is anticipated this project will impact on 55,000 student teachers in Australia. The TTF project team includes the Australian Council of Deans of Education, the Australian Institute for Teachers and School Leaders, Education Services Australia and the Australian Council for Computers in Education. The new initiatives to integrate ICT and the main barriers to curriculum change are described. The paper has relevance for those wanting to improve Teacher Education, and renew teaching in Tertiary Institutions to include 21st Century Technologies.
- Teaching for Application: A Model for Assisting Pre-Service Teachers With Technology Integration
- The Effects of the Use of Interactive Whiteboards on Student Achievement
- Meaningful Learning with Wikis: Making a Connection
- What ICT-related skills and capabilities should be considered central to the definition of digital literacy?
- A New Teacher Tool, Interactive White Boards: A Meta Analysis
- The Connected Learning Space
- Toward Technology Integration in the Schools: Why It Isn’t Happening
- Teaching with electronic reading devices
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.