Leader to Reader: The Changing Role of Teachers in the Context of Learner Focused Technology-Based Learning
Save to My Collections
Bhang, S. (2011). Leader to Reader: The Changing Role of Teachers in the Context of Learner Focused Technology-Based Learning. In T. Bastiaens & M. Ebner (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 (pp. 336-341). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/37888.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2011
June 27, 2011
Theo Bastiaens & Martin Ebner
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
Learners we meet nowadays don’t put down their cell phones and spend hours before a computer every day. As much as speaking face-to-face, they prefer to talk with their thumbs. They say that studying at a computer screen is more effective than books. Introverted and quiet students may on the Web become very active and popular people. Did you ever worry about how to judge homework produced by processing information from the Web? If you still keep a picture of a traditional school life whereby teachers evaluate studying according to the teacher’s teaching, then these new phenomena would be disturbing. What is clear is that this flow cannot be reversed and is a distinctive characteristic of this generation. How shall we deal with these students? What is the position and role of a teacher here?
- Integrating Multimedia in Elementary Mathematics to Improve Mathematical Learning
- From the University to the Elementary Classroom: Students’ Experiences in Learning to Integrate Technology in Instruction
- TeleVisions and teleReality - How to understand and use Internet video in education
- Development of motivational E-Learning Environment Based on Flow Theory
- Incorporating Integrated Curriculum Projects into Methods Courses with HyperStudio
- Using Multimedia in Interactive Educational Software for Kindergarten Stage “Success Stories; Design and Develop”
- From Assembly Language to Machine Code Execution: Teaching and Understanding the Semantic Gap
- Investigating the Predicting Variables of the Learning Outcomes when using Digital Textbooks
- TOK - Developing a Tangible Platform for Storytelling
- Virtual Learning Environment in Primary Education – Big Challenge for Teacher
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.