An eLearning framework for individual and organisational transformation: SME and large enterprise implications
Save to My Collections
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2011
June 27, 2011
Theo Bastiaens & Martin Ebner
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
The evolution of eLearning, over the last number of decades has led to the emergence of powerful tools, capable of supporting the delivery of education in the workplace. A number of underpinning frameworks have been proposed for technology enhanced learning. This paper describes the development and evaluation of an eLearning framework that enables individual transformation leading to optimised enterprise performance. It furthermore explores the potential of technology enhanced learning as an enabler of individual and organisational transformation through Lean thinking and thus enterprise performance optimisation. Using an action research approach, the proposed framework has been instantiated and rigorously evaluated in two industry focused educational programmes in the lean domain over the last six years. The requirements and feedback from the large organisation and the SME sector are identified, analysed and included in the iterative development and evaluation of the framework.
Brown, L., Wade, V. & Murphy, E. (2011). An eLearning framework for individual and organisational transformation: SME and large enterprise implications. In T. Bastiaens & M. Ebner (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2011 (pp. 23-27). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 7, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/37841.
- Changing cultures, changing practices: Using mobile tools, the cloud and ePortfolios for authentic assessment
- Educational Media in Portugal: The next decade (2011-2020)
- Usability Evaluation of Web-Based Learning System
- From Assembly Language to Machine Code Execution: Teaching and Understanding the Semantic Gap
- TOK - Developing a Tangible Platform for Storytelling
- The Deployment of ICT Facilities in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: A Mixed Method Study of its Impact on Lecturers and Students.
- Exploring Learning Analytics as Indicators of Study Behaviour
- Introduction to Analytics for E-Learning
- A Transformative Framework for Social Software Use in E-Learning
- Between the chalk, whiteboard and the computer
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.