Delivery of Full Online Programmes: Opportunities, Issues & Challenges
Save to My Collections
The 21st Century is witnessing an increasing number of full online programmes, particularly at the graduate level. It may appear to be advantageous to both the institution and the student as one way to leverage on technologies. However, there are issues as well as challenges when implemented. The Open University Malaysia, for example, has been offering the Master in Instructional Design and Technology (MIDT) since 2009 and had its first group of graduates in 2010. The MIDT program has facilitators residing in different countries and students have come from more than ten different countries. Supported in part by the Commonwealth of Learning, it is the first full online programme from a Malaysian institution. The panel will address opportunities, issues and challenges with full online programmes in general and the MIDT program in particular. In addition, the challenges faced in terms of multi-cultural issues will also be dealt with.
Wan Mohd, F., Kaur, A., Abas, Z., Shiriam R, S., Masood, M. & Barton, S.M. (2011). Delivery of Full Online Programmes: Opportunities, Issues & Challenges. In S. Barton et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn 2011 (pp. 1646-1651). AACE. Retrieved December 8, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/37382.
- Proposing an Adaptive and Dynamic Mobile Learning Environment
- Descriptive Writing: Does Dynamic Visual Help?
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2010
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Beyond Immersion – Meaningful Involvement in Virtual Worlds
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- Mirroring Lecturer-Student Interaction in Student-System Interaction in an Affective Dynamic Aesthetic Interface Web-based Learning System
- A 2-Dimensional Programmable Arcade-Style Computer Game for Teaching Python Programming to Lower Secondary School
- Multimedia Learning Management System – Empowering Correct Pronunciation
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.