An Assessment of the Capability of ICT Education in Bicol University Polangui Campus, Polangui, Albay, Philippines: A Determinant to its Sustainability
Save to My Collections
Rinon, B. & Belchez, N. (2011). An Assessment of the Capability of ICT Education in Bicol University Polangui Campus, Polangui, Albay, Philippines: A Determinant to its Sustainability. In S. Barton et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn 2011 (pp. 843-849). AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/37267.
Abstract: The 21st century poses an urgent need for the integration of ICT in classroom instruction. Education is a lifelong process therefore access to it anytime, anywhere is imperative. We need IT literates to meet the challenges of illiteracy and poverty and bring about the cost reduction of education,improve the quality and effectiveness of teaching(wikieducator,n.d.).The focal point of this paper is to present the results of an assessment on the capability of ICT Education in BUPC where its sustainability largely depends upon it.Specifically, it aimed to determine ICT facilities, faculty readiness,related researches, budgetary allocation for facilities and linkages with other agencies.Likewise the level of capability of ICT education was assessed. Findings revealed that the school has the capability to sustain ICT education.Finally, it arrived at the conclusion that capable and sustainable ICT education would produce literate individuals can face the challenges of the digital world.
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- The “Corporate University” as Technological and Scientific Support of the Virtual Education in Latin America
- Usable But Not Entertaining e-Learning Material
- Implementing Embedded Assessment to Provide Feedback to Student and Instructor.
- SITE's Digital Fabrication Initative
- Keeping the Human Element at the Center College-Level Writing Online: Methods and Materials
- Wiki Experience in a Statistics Classroom: A Case Study
- Developing the NIDA International Program Methadone Research Web Guide and Tutorial
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.