Which Web Tool to Select
Save to My Collections
Alexander, B. & Alexander, E. (2011). Which Web Tool to Select. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2011 (pp. 3864-3866). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/36934.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2011
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
March 7, 2011
Matthew Koehler & Punya Mishra
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This presentation is intended to instruct teachers, not only how to use specific technology tools, but to examine technology integration as a thinking process, as a method. It is important how we look and think about the different technologies in order to make wise choices. This presentation will focus on several technologies such as Google Sites, Polling within Texting, and Google Forms.
- Exploring Open Source for Educators: We're Not in Kansas Anymore--Entering Os
- An introduction to open-source software in education
- The use of free, open-source, and web-based tools in education
- Open Source Software and the Invisible Revolution
- How to effectively use free and open source software in education
- Evaluating a pilot implementation of OpenOffice.org in a K-12 Public School
- Open Source and the Diffusion of Teacher Education Software
- Open Source Strategies for Educational Multimedia
- Current and future trends in Free and Open Source Software
- Understanding Open Source for Open Education
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.