The Role of Information Technology in Promoting Value based English Education for Sustainable Development
Save to My Collections
Baljir, T. (2011). The Role of Information Technology in Promoting Value based English Education for Sustainable Development. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2011 (pp. 2841-2848). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/36745.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2011
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
March 7, 2011
Matthew Koehler & Punya Mishra
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
In this article, the term ‘Value-based English Education for Sustainable Development’ is simply used to recall the teachers’ and students’ previous and traditional knowledge and experiences regarding the sustainability concepts. The article describes the experiential and ethnographical approaches to relativise, localize, and interculturalise the aspects of Value-based English Education for Sustainable Development the course is based on, some details of the course itself, and the reaction of students. The approaches have already been put into practice in the Intercultural Studies course taught at Mongolian State University of Education, which was highly commended at International Training on ESD in Sweden and Thailand (2009) for its contribution to education for sustainability. The conclusion is that the implementation of ideas of Value-based English Education for Sustainable Development, information technologies were extremely important to motivate and encourage both teachers and students.
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- SITE's Digital Fabrication Initative
- Implementing Embedded Assessment to Provide Feedback to Student and Instructor.
- Usable But Not Entertaining e-Learning Material
- The “Corporate University” as Technological and Scientific Support of the Virtual Education in Latin America
- Engaging Teacher Candidates in Online Literature Circles
- Keeping the Human Element at the Center College-Level Writing Online: Methods and Materials
- Developing the NIDA International Program Methadone Research Web Guide and Tutorial
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.