Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling: Results of DISTCO 2010, an Online Digital Storytelling Contest
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2011
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
March 7, 2011
Matthew Koehler & Punya Mishra
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This paper describes the results of a research study about DISTCO 2010, the third in a series of Digital Storytelling Contests. The DISTCO 2010 was open to all K-12 students and teachers on both national and international levels. The project was designed so students and teachers from different schools may submit original digital stories within a specified time frame and in a certain manner for the contest. The competition was held solely online, and original digital stories were required to be submitted using an official contest website (http://www.distco.org). This article will outline and describe the research results of DISTCO 2010. Specifically, this paper analyzes students’ perspectives on using digital stories in the classroom, the motivating factors for using digital stories, and preferred content areas for digital story use as reported by students. In addition, gender and grade level differences in the use of digital storytelling will be discussed.
Dogan, B. (2011). Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling: Results of DISTCO 2010, an Online Digital Storytelling Contest. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2011 (pp. 1104-1111). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 6, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/36434.
- Teaching for Application: A Model for Assisting Pre-Service Teachers With Technology Integration
- The Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
- The Effects of the Use of Interactive Whiteboards on Student Achievement
- Digital Storytelling as Narrative Pedagogy
- Implementation of Digital Storytelling in the Classroom by Teachers Trained in a Digital Storytelling Workshop
- A New Teacher Tool, Interactive White Boards: A Meta Analysis
- Teachers Facing ICT The Case of Greece
- Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling all around the World
- Toward Technology Integration in the Schools: Why It Isn’t Happening
- “PeKay’s Little Author”: Developing a Storybook Creation Software for Family Narratives
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.