Teletandem delivery: The educational relevance of the real world application of language and culture in online pedagogic and target tasks.
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2011
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
March 7, 2011
Matthew Koehler & Punya Mishra
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
A teletandem model of language learning provides a vehicle for online writing, reading, audio, and video communication between students who are partnered and have a set outcome. This paper discussed how three American institutions of higher education and two Brazilian institutions selected this model as a tool in language learning development for students participating in a study abroad experience. This paper reviewed the teletandem model, including specific assignments for the participants, and addressed the overall relevance of the teletandem components in language development. An argument for the inclusion of both pedagogical and task oriented activities in the teletandem model is included.
Ellis, J.B., Abreu-Ellis, C., Bateman, B., Tabor, A. & Graham, R. (2011). Teletandem delivery: The educational relevance of the real world application of language and culture in online pedagogic and target tasks. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2011 (pp. 245-251). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 12, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/36269.
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Effects of Blogging Feedback on Turkish EFL Students’ Writing Performance
- Teaching for Application: A Model for Assisting Pre-Service Teachers With Technology Integration
- The Effects of the Use of Interactive Whiteboards on Student Achievement
- Student Perceptions on the Implementation of Learning Management System (LMS) in Teaching of English for Academic Writing Course.
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- Implementing Embedded Assessment to Provide Feedback to Student and Instructor.
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Keeping the Human Element at the Center College-Level Writing Online: Methods and Materials
- Engaging Teacher Candidates in Online Literature Circles
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.