The Layers of Authenticity: Designing for Learner Experience
Save to My Collections
Doering, A. & Miller, C. (2010). The Layers of Authenticity: Designing for Learner Experience. In J. Sanchez & K. Zhang (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2010 (pp. 957-961). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/35672.
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2010
Orlando, Florida, USA
October 18, 2010
Jaime Sanchez & Ke Zhang
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
The instructional benefits of authentic learning and recommended need for instructors to create opportunities for authentic learning experiences in the classroom have been discussed at great length in the fields of Instructional Design and Educational Psychology. However, many teachers find themselves confused when implementing opportunities for authentic learning into their existing pedagogy, especially when thinking beyond the selection of mere authentic content. In response to this confusion, we present the Layers of Authenticity, an easy-to-use framework for educators when creating, implementing, and reflecting on authentic learning experiences in the classroom. The Layers of Authenticity includes (1) authentic content, (2) authentic context, (3) authentic narrative, and (4) shared authentic experience.
- Designing with and for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Evolution of GeoThentic
- Using e-Learning Technologies in Developing Remeditainment Products for the Treatment of Children with Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Post degree online course in Haematopathology and e-Learning: description of an innovative curriculum in e-Learning
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- Using RSS in Collaborative Course Development
- Teaching for Success: Technology and Learning Styles in Preservice Teacher Education
- Reducing E-Learning Development Costs Using a Streamlined XML-based Approach
- Using Authentic Situations and Avatars to Build Knowledge in an E-Learning Environment
- Inspiring Learning and Teaching: Using e-tools to Facilitate Change
- Scenario making support in PBL
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.