Internet in the pesantren: A tool to promote or continue autonomous learning?
Save to My Collections
Iqbal, M., Barton, G. & Barton, S.M. (2010). Internet in the pesantren: A tool to promote or continue autonomous learning?. In Z. Abas et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn 2010 (pp. 3754-3760). AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/34467.
Although autonomy in education has already been possible in the past the advent of the internet has made this all the easier. What ultimately results from this, is an increased “desire and curiosity to learn more”. This is partly because internet based learning shifts the ownership of learning onto the learner themselves, making it less of a process and more of an experience. This not only empowers them but makes them realise that they can achieve more by taking their own initiative). One of the biggest challenges that the pesantren or traditional Islamic school, face today is the fact that they are generally are located in remote, rural, areas. Resources are limited and the quality of the teachers varies greatly. The characteristics of a pesantren mean that they could potentially derive great benefit from the incorporation of internet based education.
- The Development of “Modular Interactive Tutorial” based Model of Instruction for the Subject of Computer Based Instruction for the (Study) Program of Educational Technology
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Does Age And Gender "Really" Play A Role In Faculty’s Use Of Instructional And Assessment Technologies?
- Developing an ICT based Teacher Education Curriculum –Steering Pre-service teachers for Classrooms of Tomorrow.
- Revitalising teaching education practices through the effective use of WikiEducator as an innovative and pragmatic approach to collaborative and lifelong learning
- e-Learning Policy: Supporting Learners in Higher Education?
- Blended Learning: Current Trends and Issues
- Investigating pre-service and in-service teachers' views of the effectiveness of the IT modules in their teacher education programmes
- Implementation to Stimulate Consideration of Optimum Solutions Using Videoconference
- Learner-Centered Activities for Internet-Mediated Intercultural Exchange
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.