The hidden element to successful online learning implementation
Save to My Collections
Why when we have numerous frameworks, government initiatives and leaps forward in technology do we still find it difficult to successfully embed learning management systems into many educational establishments? Can the answer be found in limited facilities, lack of functionality, poor change management, under-skilled educationalists or something more fundamental? I will share my experiences of over six years implementing and supporting learning management systems for all key stages, over 4,000 schools and over 1 million users. We will explore what sets apart a failed implementation from a successful one. We found that many teachers without appropriate guidance and empowerment will not welcome change into their established teaching methodologies without the often hidden element of effective, planned and continuous support. We discovered that implemented a Learning Support System is the key to success. What shape does this support system take and can universal lessons be learnt and applied across cultures?
Bailey, T. (2010). The hidden element to successful online learning implementation. In Z. Abas et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn 2010 (pp. 2056-2061). AACE. Retrieved December 11, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/34396.
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Analysing an Online Learning Community from Personal, Interpersonal and Community Planes of Development
- The Development of “Modular Interactive Tutorial” based Model of Instruction for the Subject of Computer Based Instruction for the (Study) Program of Educational Technology
- Does Age And Gender "Really" Play A Role In Faculty’s Use Of Instructional And Assessment Technologies?
- e-Learning Policy: Supporting Learners in Higher Education?
- Developing an ICT based Teacher Education Curriculum –Steering Pre-service teachers for Classrooms of Tomorrow.
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Implementation to Stimulate Consideration of Optimum Solutions Using Videoconference
- Islamic education in Indonesia and the potential for social transformation through engagement in online communities
- Interest Building Tools for Engineering
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.