The Need for a Virtual University in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Save to My Collections
Alsisi, A. (2010). The Need for a Virtual University in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In Z. Abas et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn 2010 (pp. 661-670). AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/34247.
This study aims to analyze the current status of distance higher education in Saudi Arabia in order to identify: the justification for the recourse to a virtual university, and the appropriateness of the Saudi learning environment for this type of education, and the requirements of the virtual university in the Saudi environment. used a descriptive approach, and collected statistical data from reliable local and international sources, in addition to conducting personal interviews with admission deans and their agents in both male and female Saudi universities in, who has a direct link to the subject matter. There were (28) individual respondents. The study found a number of conclusions, including: There are a number of reasons for the need of a virtual university, among which are: the need for expansion in universities, low admission rates, and lack of proportionality between the numbers of high school graduates and the numbers of them accepted in higher education, and the increase of the proportion of students who were not admitted to higher education.
- Barriers to Internet Adoption among Faculty in Saudi Arabian Universities
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Does Age And Gender "Really" Play A Role In Faculty’s Use Of Instructional And Assessment Technologies?
- The Development of “Modular Interactive Tutorial” based Model of Instruction for the Subject of Computer Based Instruction for the (Study) Program of Educational Technology
- Teachers' Perception of E-learning at the University of Tabuk
- Developing an ICT based Teacher Education Curriculum –Steering Pre-service teachers for Classrooms of Tomorrow.
- e-Learning Policy: Supporting Learners in Higher Education?
- Islamic education in Indonesia and the potential for social transformation through engagement in online communities
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Implementation to Stimulate Consideration of Optimum Solutions Using Videoconference
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.