Pod-cast Implementation in English Listening Facilitation
Save to My Collections
Suetrong, A. & Chongapiratanakul, B. (2010). Pod-cast Implementation in English Listening Facilitation. In Z. Abas et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn 2010 (pp. 368-373). AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/34200.
With the advent of new technology, pod-cast has brought opportunity to education and training, in particular through on-line instruction. Pod-cast dedicates itself as a powerful audio tool for practicing listening in terms of more portable and more accessible. This work-in-progress study aims to facilitate the development of students’ English listening skill with pod-cast. By doing so, the paper contributes to the knowledge based of pod-cast effectiveness and raises the question of evaluation a new teaching methodology. Undergraduates are participants for listening activities in the study. The findings of the first phase in this study showed that most of students were less-skilled in English listening. To improve the listening skill, they agreed that on-line materials motivated them in practicing English listening, especially when pod-cast was firstly implemented and used for facilitating English listening. Through the use of pod-cast, learners were familiar with authentic sound and real world circumstances, and that yielded positive results in facilitating their listening skills.
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- The Development of “Modular Interactive Tutorial” based Model of Instruction for the Subject of Computer Based Instruction for the (Study) Program of Educational Technology
- A Study on the Learning Participation and Communication Process by Learning Task Types in Wiki-Based Collaborative Learning System
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Does Age And Gender "Really" Play A Role In Faculty’s Use Of Instructional And Assessment Technologies?
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- Implementation to Stimulate Consideration of Optimum Solutions Using Videoconference
- Developing an ICT based Teacher Education Curriculum –Steering Pre-service teachers for Classrooms of Tomorrow.
- Wiki Experience in a Statistics Classroom: A Case Study
- e-Learning Policy: Supporting Learners in Higher Education?
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.