Coding Pre-Service Teacher Lesson Plans for TPACK
Save to My Collections
Kereluik, K., Casperson, G. & Akcaoglu, M. (2010). Coding Pre-Service Teacher Lesson Plans for TPACK. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3889-3891). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/33986.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2010
San Diego, CA, USA
March 29, 2010
David Gibson & Bernie Dodge
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Technology is rapidly becoming a predominant force for education, and teachers now more than ever have nearly endless technological tools at their disposal. The specific role of technology in education is not always well understood or utilized to its full potential (Cuban, Kirkpatrick, & Peck, 2001). The Technology Pedagogy Content Knowledge (TPACK) framework attempts to elaborate on the 3 essential types of knowledge required by teachers for successful technology integration (Mishra & Koehler, 2006; Koehler & Mishra, 2008; 2009). The TPACK framework also attempts to illustrate the dynamic and interconnected nature of the three primary components; technology knowledge, pedagogy knowledge, and content knowledge. In this paper, we propose a complementary method of analysis to identify practical and applied elements of TPACK in pre-service teacher lesson plans. We propose this lesson-plan coding scheme not as a replacement for the TPACK survey but rather as a supplement.
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Observation Instrument
- Teaching and Measuring TPACK Development in Two Preservice Teacher Preparation Programs
- Auditing the TPACK Confidence of Australian Pre-Service Teachers: The TPACK Confidence Survey (TCS)
- Unpacking TPACK: TPK Characteristics Supporting Successful Implementation
- Developing Effective Technological Pedagogical And Content Knowledge (TPACK) in PreK-6 Teachers
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.