Preparing Foreign Language Teachers to Implement a Technology-Rich Curriculum
Save to My Collections
Kang, J., Ni, X. & Li, G. (2010). Preparing Foreign Language Teachers to Implement a Technology-Rich Curriculum. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3876-3879). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/33984.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2010
San Diego, CA, USA
March 29, 2010
David Gibson & Bernie Dodge
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Recently, a variety of technology-rich curricula have been implemented in foreign/second language education. However, the literature demonstrates that simply providing technology in the classroom does not guarantee learning outcomes; it is more about how teachers deliver the curriculum and how technology is used. Therefore, developing responsive professional development to transform teachers’ understandings and ways of using a technology-rich curriculum has become critical in order to maximize the effects. This paper illustrates our design of a professional development program using TPACK as a conceptual framework. We will also demonstrate the design principles underlying the professional development program to help teachers effectively deliver a technology curriculum.
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric
- Coding Pre-Service Teacher Lesson Plans for TPACK
- Auditing the TPACK Confidence of Australian Pre-Service Teachers: The TPACK Confidence Survey (TCS)
- Differentiating TPACK Development: Using Learning Activity Types with Inservice and Preservice Teachers
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
- Expanding the Practice-Based Taxonomy of Characteristics of TPACK
- The decision-making processes of preservice teachers as they integrate technology
- Developing TPACK in Pre-Service Secondary Mathematics Teachers through Integration of Methods and Modeling Courses: Results of a Pilot Study
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.