Expanding the Practice-Based Taxonomy of Characteristics of TPACK
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2010
San Diego, CA, USA
March 29, 2010
David Gibson & Bernie Dodge
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This paper expands a proposed theoretical taxonomy of characteristics of teacher knowledge for planning and implementing technologically-enhanced lessons for elementary instruction across subject matter areas. The expanded taxonomy is derived from a cross case analysis of data from two consecutive studies in which a total of twelve pre-service teachers taught tech-enhanced lessons during a 7-week practice-teaching session. Data sources included a questionnaire, individual interviews, lesson plans, observations of pre-service teachers’ classroom practice, and post-lesson debriefings. The taxonomy of characteristics contributes to understandings of the types of knowledge pre-service teachers require for successful teaching with technology.
Jaipal, K. & Figg, C. (2010). Expanding the Practice-Based Taxonomy of Characteristics of TPACK. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3868-3875). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 12, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/33983.
- Unpacking TPACK: TPK Characteristics Supporting Successful Implementation
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
- An Elaborated Model of the TPACK Framework
- Unpacking the “Total PACKage”: Emergent TPACK Characteristics From a Study of Preservice Teachers Teaching With Technology
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
- Coding Pre-Service Teacher Lesson Plans for TPACK
- Differentiating TPACK Development: Using Learning Activity Types with Inservice and Preservice Teachers
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.