Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2010
San Diego, CA, USA
March 29, 2010
David Gibson & Bernie Dodge
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Although there is ever-increasing emphasis on integrating technology in teaching, there are few well-tested and refined assessments to measure the quality of this integration. The few measures that are available tend to favor constructivist approaches to teaching, and thus do not accurately assess the quality of technology integration across a range of different teaching approaches. We have developed a more “pedagogically inclusive” instrument that reflects key TPACK concepts and that has proven to be both reliable and valid in two successive rounds of testing. The instrument’s interrater reliability coefficient (.857) was computed using both Intraclass Correlation and a score agreement (84.1%) procedure. Internal consistency (using Cronbach’s Alpha) was .911. Test-retest reliability (score agreement) was 87.0%. Five TPACK experts also confirmed the instrument’s construct and face validities. We offer this new rubric to help teacher educators to more accurately assess the quality of technology integration in lesson plans, and suggest exploring its use in project and unit plans.
Harris, J., Grandgenett, N. & Hofer, M. (2010). Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3833-3840). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 8, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/33978.
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Coding Pre-Service Teacher Lesson Plans for TPACK
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Observation Instrument
- An Elaborated Model of the TPACK Framework
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2009
- Changing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) through Course Experiences
- Developing Effective Technological Pedagogical And Content Knowledge (TPACK) in PreK-6 Teachers
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.