Auditing the TPACK Confidence of Australian Pre-Service Teachers: The TPACK Confidence Survey (TCS)
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2010
San Diego, CA, USA
March 29, 2010
David Gibson & Bernie Dodge
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This chapter describes the construction and validation of an instrument to measure teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK). The TPACK Confidence Survey (TCS) contains scales that measure teachers’ attitudes toward using ICT; confidence to use ICT for teaching and learning tasks (TPACK); competency with ICT; Technology Knowledge (TK); and TPACK Vocational Self-efficacy. The scale measuring TPACK confidence uses the Learning With ICTs: Measuring ICT Use in the Curriculum instrument that has been evaluated and reported previously. This paper proposes that the TCS provides a valid and reliable instrument with which to audit teachers’ TPACK confidence.
Albion, P., Jamieson-Proctor, R. & Finger, G. (2010). Auditing the TPACK Confidence of Australian Pre-Service Teachers: The TPACK Confidence Survey (TCS). In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3772-3779). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 12, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/33969.
- The Validation of an Instrument Measuring TPACK
- Testing a TPACK-Based Technology Integration Assessment Rubric
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- An Elaborated Model of the TPACK Framework
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
- Changing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) through Course Experiences
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Differentiating TPACK Development: Using Learning Activity Types with Inservice and Preservice Teachers
- Coding Pre-Service Teacher Lesson Plans for TPACK
- Teaching and Measuring TPACK Development in Two Preservice Teacher Preparation Programs
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.