Digital Storytelling as Narrative Pedagogy
Save to My Collections
Garcia, P. & Rossiter, M. (2010). Digital Storytelling as Narrative Pedagogy. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 1091-1097). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/33500.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2010
San Diego, CA, USA
March 29, 2010
David Gibson & Bernie Dodge
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This paper explores an understanding of digital storytelling as a narrative pedagogical methodology. Through a review of literature, the authors situate the background, current application, and power of digital storytelling as an educational tool. Next an overview of a narrative orientation to teaching and learning as applied to digital storytelling is presented. Finally, the authors explore epistemological implications, process issues and appropriate learning outcomes for digital storytelling when embedded in a narrative pedagogical framework. Their primary premise is that an understanding and consideration of the narrative orientation to teaching and learning will enable educators to make more discriminating and effective use of digital storytelling.
- The Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
- Researching and Evaluating Digital Storytelling as a Deep Learning Tool
- Implementation of Digital Storytelling in the Classroom by Teachers Trained in a Digital Storytelling Workshop
- Digital Storytelling: Self-Efficacy and Digital Literacy
- Digital Storytelling and Reflective Assessment
- The effects of fantasy in an educational game via interest, intrinsic motivation, and storytelling on student’s academic achievements: A path analysis
- Digital Storytelling and its Practical Usages as a Dissemination Tool
- Learning History with Biography-based Video & Web Tools: Research Results
- Digital Storytelling by Future Teachers: “Tegami (A Letter to Myself)”
- Facing Your Selves: The Effects of Digital Storytelling on Teacher Education
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.