Screencast and Vodcast: An Experience in Secondary Education
Save to My Collections
Coutinho, C. & Rocha, A. (2010). Screencast and Vodcast: An Experience in Secondary Education. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 1043-1050). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/33491.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2010
San Diego, CA, USA
March 29, 2010
David Gibson & Bernie Dodge
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
In this article we present an experiment carried out in an 11th grade class (terminal year) in the discipline of Descriptive Geometry A. In a context where failure is high on the national exam, as well as in the discipline’s attendance, the main objectives that motivated the implementation of this educational experience, the GeomCasting, were, on one hand, to increase the interest and motivation of students and the effectiveness of learning and, on ther other hand, to prepare for the national test. The project consisted on the development of multimedia applications based on the concept of podcast / vodcast / screencast, the GeomCast. These applications were created by the teacher and students (in group), whose objective was to enable students to review the discipline’s curriculum content in any place or time, from the Internet, ipods or mobile phones, whenever the memory needs to be refreshed, since these applications are available in the class blog.
- Podcasting and Video Podcasting: How it Works and How it’s Used for Instruction
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- Vodcasts: Are they an effective tool to enhance student learning? A Case Study from McMaster University, Hamilton Canada.
- Teacher Video Production: Techniques for Educational YouTube Movies
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Podcasting in Teaching and Learning
- Evaluating the Use of Instructional Video Podcasts for Middle School Mathematics Students
- Integrating Multimedia in Elementary Mathematics to Improve Mathematical Learning
- YouTube Annotations: Reflecting Interactive, Web based Hypervideos in Teacher Education
- TeleVisions and teleReality - How to understand and use Internet video in education
- What is Web 2.0 Video? Pedagogical Strategy for Infusing Web 2.0 Video in Student Learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.