Virtual Campus in the Context of an Educational Virtual City
Save to My Collections
Fominykh, M., Prasolova-Førland, E., Morozov, M. & Gerasimov, A. (2011). Virtual Campus in the Context of an Educational Virtual City. Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 22(2), 299-328. Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/33224.
Journal of Interactive Learning Research
Volume 22, Issue 2, 2011
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) Chesapeake, VA
More Information on JILR
** Invited as a paper from ED-MEDIA 2009 ** This paper is focused on virtual campuses, i.e. virtual worlds representing real educational institutions that are based on the metaphor of a university and provide users with different learning tools. More specifically, the idea of integrating a virtual campus into the context of a virtual city is suggested. Such a virtual city, where students live and work, can extend the possibilities of a virtual campus in supporting learning and socializing. This paper provides a description and analysis of an empirical case study that was performed to test and develop these ideas. Based on the results of the study, a set of guidelines for designing a virtual campus in a city context is presented.
- Virtual Environments
- Distance Education
- Multicultural Education
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Communication Technologies
- Designing with and for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Evolution of GeoThentic
- Using e-Learning Technologies in Developing Remeditainment Products for the Treatment of Children with Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Post degree online course in Haematopathology and e-Learning: description of an innovative curriculum in e-Learning
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- Using RSS in Collaborative Course Development
- Teaching for Success: Technology and Learning Styles in Preservice Teacher Education
- Reducing E-Learning Development Costs Using a Streamlined XML-based Approach
- Using Authentic Situations and Avatars to Build Knowledge in an E-Learning Environment
- Inspiring Learning and Teaching: Using e-tools to Facilitate Change
- Scenario making support in PBL
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.