Preparing Teachers to Use Technology: Considerations from a Capstone Mathematics and Technology Course
Save to My Collections
Schneiter, K. (2010). Preparing Teachers to Use Technology: Considerations from a Capstone Mathematics and Technology Course. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 10(4), 457-469. AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/33148.
Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education
Volume 10, Issue 4, December 2010
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
More Information on CITE Journal
Preparing preservice teachers to use technology appropriately in mathematics instruction is an important objective of mathematics teacher preparation programs. At Utah State University, this objective is addressed in a combined capstone mathematics and technology course. In this course, preservice teachers learn technology skills as they collaborate with their peers in mathematical investigations, as they learn to use a variety of technological resources and to adapt to new technologies that will foster the understanding of their future students, and as they share their mathematical and technological expertise to enrich the common learning experience.
- Designing with and for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Evolution of GeoThentic
- Using e-Learning Technologies in Developing Remeditainment Products for the Treatment of Children with Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD)
- Post degree online course in Haematopathology and e-Learning: description of an innovative curriculum in e-Learning
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- Using RSS in Collaborative Course Development
- Teaching for Success: Technology and Learning Styles in Preservice Teacher Education
- Reducing E-Learning Development Costs Using a Streamlined XML-based Approach
- Using Authentic Situations and Avatars to Build Knowledge in an E-Learning Environment
- Inspiring Learning and Teaching: Using e-tools to Facilitate Change
- Five-Picture Charades: A Flexible Model for Technology Training in Digital Media Tools and Teaching Strategies
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.