September 2009 - Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning
Save to My Collections
Siemens, G. & Cormier, D. (2009). September 2009 - Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning. Presented at Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning 2009.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/32339.
Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning (Social Media) 2009
September 8, 2009
Webpage for Social Media
The third Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning Seminar focuses on openness in education. The recent closure of Utah State's OpenCourseWare project, Creative Commons as a licensing scheme, OpenEducation 2009, and numerous open courses offered from several universities are discussed. Wordpress Multi-User blog service and concept mapping are also reviewed as tools enabling increased social interaction with educators and learners.
For more information
Join the Social Media ning: http://www.aaceconnect.org/group/socialmedia
|George Siemens:||Dave Cormier|
- July 2009 - Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning
- Learning and Teaching with Electronic Games
- Is E-Learning True to the Principles of Technology?
- Little Learning, Big Learning: In Defense of Authentic Tasks
- The Connected Learning Space
- The World is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education
- Preparing Teachers to Teach Mathematics with Technology: Key Issues, Concerns and Research Questions
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- Technology Enhanced Learning in the 21st Century - The Role of European Research
- Blurring Roles: Participation Trends in Media and Education
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.