Important Elements of Quality Online Learning
Save to My Collections
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2009
Honolulu, HI, USA
June 22, 2009
George Siemens & Catherine Fulford
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
This study was conducted to examine the relationship between computer literacy and online learning attitudes of students in the Graduate School of Education (GSOE) in Taiwan. Data were collected via a survey consisting of 10 questions using a Likert-type scale to obtain a score that reflected the students’ computer literacy, and 10 questions using a Likert-type scale to obtain a score that reflected the students’ online learning attitudes. The survey was administered to 252 GSOE students in Taiwan. Pearson’s product-moment correlation was used in analyzing the data. The results revealed a significant positive relationship between the average computer literacy score and the average online learning attitude score of students enrolled in GSOE in Taiwan. Higher computer literacy scores were correlated with higher online learning attitude scores. The results might be used to inform education decision makers as they plan computer-based instruction.
Li, L.Y. & Yang, Y.T. (2009). Important Elements of Quality Online Learning. In G. Siemens & C. Fulford (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2009 (pp. 1244-1249). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 11, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/31647.
- Training Pre-Service Teachers in How to Teach Critical Thinking to Middle School Students
- Accommodating Reluctant E-Learners in the On-Line Environment
- Student Perceptions of Immersive Virtual Environments for the Meaningful Assessment of Learning
- An Online Educational Simulation: Investigating Student Motivational Orientation
- Persistently Simple: Lessons Learned from Research on Adult E-Learning Courses
- Pathways to successful technology practice for leading schools, leading teachers, leading learning: Golden Technology Rules for 21st century school leaders.
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2009
- Do Entry Characteristics of Online Learners Affect Their Satisfaction?
- Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents
- Leveraging Adult Student Value in the E-Learning Environment - A Pedagogical Shift
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.