Constructing a Pre-service Teacher Online Learning Community
Save to My Collections
Redmond, P. & Mander, A. (2009). Constructing a Pre-service Teacher Online Learning Community. In I. Gibson et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2009 (pp. 2936-2942). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/31086.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2009
Charleston, SC, USA
March 2, 2009
Ian Gibson, Roberta Weber, Karen McFerrin, Roger Carlsen & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
Abstract: In an attempt to provide discipline specific pedagogical discussions an online learning community including pre-service teachers and teachers was developed. The online discussion enabled secondary pre-service teachers to explore specific discipline issues of practice, pedagogical content knowledge and technology enhanced learning with practicing teachers. In addition to providing pre-service teachers with a lived experience of and model of online collaboration which can be used in their future classrooms, students developed networks with other educators who were also passionate about their discipline. The learning community was developed for pre-service teachers and the topics under discussion were driven by the pre-service teachers.
- Instructors and Students Competences, Perceptions and Access to E-learning Technologies: Implications for E-learning Implementation at the Open University of Tanzania
- Strategies for teacher professional development on TPACK, Part 2
- Developing Teacher’s TPCK for Teaching Mathematics With Spreadsheets
- Unpacking the “Total PACKage”: Emergent TPACK Characteristics From a Study of Preservice Teachers Teaching With Technology
- Mathematics Teacher TPACK Standards and Development Model
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Content Analysis of 2006-2009 Print Journal Articles
- Mathematics Teachers Developing Technology, Pedagogy and Content Knowledge (TPACK)
- Guiding Inservice Mathematics Teachers in Developing TPCK (Technology pedagogical content knowledge)
- Teachers’ assessment of TPACK: Where are we and what is needed?
- Examining Preservice Teachers' Development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in an Introductory Instructional Technology Course
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.