Hybrid Classroom Simulator for the Instructional Design Training System on the Teacher Development Cource
Save to My Collections
Nomura, T. & Shinada, M. (2009). Hybrid Classroom Simulator for the Instructional Design Training System on the Teacher Development Cource. In I. Gibson et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2009 (pp. 664-666). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/30678.
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2009
Charleston, SC, USA
March 2, 2009
Ian Gibson, Roberta Weber, Karen McFerrin, Roger Carlsen & Dee Anna Willis
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
This paper shows the development of new classroom simulator as a part of our "Instructional Design Training System named 'Kyouan Koubou'(IDTS:KK)", that aims to encourage students in the teacher development course in Saitama University 1) to imagine how students act/react in classroom, and 2) to support dimension analysis for finding the difficulty of managing classroom. For this aim, we developed new hybrid classroom simulator on top of IDTS:KK, that shows the scenes of teaching in the classroom related to the instruction plan by using both captured videos and created CG animations. We already made the video database that can store teaching scene with based instruction plan, but unfortunately these videos cannot cover whole possible situations, so this new simulater generating lacking scene as 3D CG animation. Using this system, many of students in the teacher development course reported that this kind of feedback is useful for realize what happen in the classroom when their designed plan would be executed.
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- SITE's Digital Fabrication Initative
- Usable But Not Entertaining e-Learning Material
- Implementing Embedded Assessment to Provide Feedback to Student and Instructor.
- The “Corporate University” as Technological and Scientific Support of the Virtual Education in Latin America
- Keeping the Human Element at the Center College-Level Writing Online: Methods and Materials
- Developing the NIDA International Program Methadone Research Web Guide and Tutorial
- Engaging Teacher Candidates in Online Literature Circles
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.