After a Decade of Inroads, SUCCESS in Modeling Blended Learning in Theory AND Practice at F2F and Online Conferences
Save to My Collections
Stevens, V. 2009. After a Decade of Inroads, SUCCESS in Modeling Blended Learning in Theory AND Practice at F2F and Online Conferences. GLOBALU.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/30446.
Spaces of Interaction: An Online Conversation on Improving Traditional Conferences (SPACES)
Webpage for SPACES
The presenter has been a long-time advocate and agitator for broadcasting online both into and out of on-site professional development events and conferences. The presenter describes inroads made during the past decade from 1999 to the present in making conferences accessible to many more than just their physically present delegates. Having debunked the myth that if conferences were open to online access on-site attendance would drop off, a case is made for the opposite scenario: that broadening channels for conversation at conference venues is a win-win situation in which everyone benefits, and conferences where these channels are blocked are the dinosaurs doomed to extinction.
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- A Comparison of Learners' Achievement between Blended Learning and Distance Learning
- The Effects of Computer-Assisted Concept Mapping on EFL Students’English Reading
- The Ecology in Architecture Design Project: Pedagogical, Graphic and Technological Strategic Choices
- Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers
- Social Networking and Education: Using Facebook as an Edusocial Space
- Becoming an Educational Technology Leader Though Online Education
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- The Development of Online Student Skills: Successful online students share their secrets
- Today and Tomorrow’s Challenges
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.