Facilitation Tips and Best Practices for the Online Instructor
Save to My Collections
Greer, C., Largent, K. & Platt, J. (2008). Facilitation Tips and Best Practices for the Online Instructor. In C. Bonk et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2008 (p. 2184). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/29972.
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
November 17, 2008
Curtis J. Bonk, Mimi Miyoung Lee & Tom Reynolds
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
The Virtual Classroom is an environment which provides synchronous on-line courses utilizing virtual facilitators to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of learning events. It is similar in many ways to web-conferencing, although there are significant differences. The differences are in the approaches that should be taken to leverage their respective strengths. Failure to recognize these differences and address the environments separately can lead to less than optimal results. During this session virtual instructors with multiple years of facilitation experience for a Fortune 500 company will discuss the Virtual Classroom from the facilitator’s point of view. Lessons learned, practical tips, and best practices will be presented for instructors who are currently using or considering using the Virtual Classroom as an educational delivery option.
- How a Blended Approach for Job-embedded Learning has led Teachers to Recognize and Reflect upon the Unique Intersections of Content, Technology, and Classroom Practice in the Advanced Broadband Enabled Learning (ABEL) Program.
- Lessons Learned from Offering a Technologically Mediated Job-Embedded Professional Learning Program to Teachers
- Perspectives on Blended Learning in Higher Education
- Can Learning to Use Moodle Alter Teachers’ Approaches to Teaching?
- Strategic Blending: A Conceptual Framework to Improve Learning and Performance
- Transforming teacher practice through blended professional development: Lessons learned from three initiatives
- E-Learning and Distance Education in India : Some Issues
- Exploring Course Content in Moodle to Determine Learning Environment Efficacy over Face-to-Face Constraints
- A REVIEW OF WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS FOR PROGRAMMING
- Finding a Balance in Dimensions of Blended Learning
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.