Tools for on line office hours
Save to My Collections
Margerum-Leys, J. (2008). Tools for on line office hours. In C. Bonk et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2008 (p. 1048). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/29750.
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (ELEARN) 2008
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
November 17, 2008
Curtis J. Bonk, Mimi Miyoung Lee & Tom Reynolds
More Information on ELEARN
Table of Contents
The phrase ‘office hours’ is well understood in the context of traditional face to face settings. But what does this phrase mean for on line courses? This best practices session will showcase a variety of tools for holding office hours, discussing the benefits and drawbacks of each. A mixed tools approach is advocated and will be demonstrated.
- CLASS™ - Using Innovative Technologies for Distance Education
- Secrets for Working with Online Groups
- Improving Web-Based Learning by Using Improved and Well Designed Course Management Systems
- Applying pedagogical considerations in developing online material for a distance learning Computer Science Foundation course
- A REVIEW OF WEB-BASED LEARNING SYSTEMS FOR PROGRAMMING
- What are we talking about? The Impact of Computer-mediated Communication on Student Learning
- The New Taxonomy of Educational Objectives and Implications for Designing Instruction for Distance Learning Delivery
- Usability and Student Learning Outcomes in Online Learning Environments
- The Benefits and Limitations of Online Group Work in a Teacher Education Program
- Social Technologies and Student Faculty Relationships in the Online Learning Environment
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.