Informal Learning with Semantic Wikis in Enterprises
Save to My Collections
Granitzer, G., Stocker, A., Hoefler, P. & Tochtermann, K. (2008). Informal Learning with Semantic Wikis in Enterprises. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (pp. 6165-6170). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/29236.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2008
June 30, 2008
Joseph Luca & Edgar R. Weippl
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
Information overload is a severe challenge, both on the Web and on corporate intranets. In order to be productive, organizations and their employees depend on finding information that meets their current demands. Traditional courses or learning management systems are not the right tools, since tasks are short term and frequently shifting. In the paper at hand, we suggest to use Semantic Wikis for the organized provision and efficient retrieval of information, since they have a structured body of information. First, situation and challenges are outlined, informal learning as the central form of learning in organisational context and the social semantic web are introduced, and finally a scenario is given.
- Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents
- Usage Analysis in Learning Systems
- e-Learning platforms for Semantic Web
- Learning Objects in Context
- Introducing a framework-oriented approach to develop an intelligent tutoring system
- Computational Intelligence in Web-Based Education: A Tutorial
- Getting Ready For Mobile Learning—Adaptation Perspective
- A Framework for Developing Adaptive Personalized eLearning
- Artificial Agents in Distance Learning
- Modalities of Using Learning Objects for Intelligent Agents
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.