What works best a podcast or a study tool game in a web-enhanced class?
Save to My Collections
Conover, K. & Hughes, R. (2008). What works best a podcast or a study tool game in a web-enhanced class?. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (pp. 4671-4672). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/29036.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2008
June 30, 2008
Joseph Luca & Edgar R. Weippl
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
The Koehler Center for Teaching Excellence eLearning staff at Texas Christian University piloted two new technology options for our communications, history and modern languages faculty; podcasting and study games (flashcards, hang-man, fill in the blank, matching, and crossword puzzles). The purpose of the pilot was to identify how both tools could be used in a web-enhanced course, how faculty adopted and implemented the tools and it tools enhanced learning. This presentation will discuss TCU’s twelve month pilot of incorporating podcasting and study games (flashcards, hang-man, fill in the blank, matching, and crossword puzzles) into web-enhanced courses, the faculties preconceived ideas about podcasting and study game tools, the pilot setup, modifications over the twelve months, and will share results of a 1000 students surveyed and their experiences using both podcasting and study games. TCU supports both Mac and PC and both users will be interested in the results of our pilot.
- Vodcasts: Are they an effective tool to enhance student learning? A Case Study from McMaster University, Hamilton Canada.
- I Podcast, You Podcast, Together We Podcast: Podcasting as a Learning Tool in Second Language Classrooms
- Instructional Design Considerations for Science E-Learning
- Podcasting Best Practice Based on Research Data
- MP3 Technology for the English Language Learner
- Use of Podcast as a Reusable Learning Object to Teach the English Article System
- Toward a Taxonomy of Distributed Learning Delivery Modes
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Pod-cast Implementation in English Listening Facilitation
- SITE's Digital Fabrication Initative
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.