Bringing about technology integration in instruction in higher education: A systemic approach to change
Save to My Collections
Gopalakrishnan, S. (2008). Bringing about technology integration in instruction in higher education: A systemic approach to change. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (p. 4544). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/29018.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2008
June 30, 2008
Joseph Luca & Edgar R. Weippl
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
The integration of emerging technologies in foreign language instruction needs to be regarded as implementing a change in the educational setting and planned by taking a systemic view. A few years back there was very little use of emerging technologies in instruction at the author’s institution. Over the last six years there has been a significant increase in the use of emerging technologies in foreign language instruction; a change has occurred. This paper describes, from the perspective of faculty development, the planning and executing of the change.In this paper a framework based on change management for implementing and managing technology integration initiatives will be described. Using specific examples from the author’s institution the five steps involved in implementing change will be described: motivating change, creating a vision, developing political support for change, managing the transition and sustaining momentum.
- Are We Ready For the "Paradigm 2.0" in Education
- Let’s ‘Face’ It: Facebook as an Educational Tool for College Students
- Perspectives on Blended Learning in Higher Education
- Towards a “Harvard Approach” in University Education?
- The International Handbook Summit Call to Action for Learning with Technology in the 21st Century
- Generational Attitudes and Teacher ICT Use
- Culture Matters: Learners’ Expectations Towards Instructor-Support
- Strategic Blending: A Conceptual Framework to Improve Learning and Performance
- Becoming a Virtual Instructor: How Can Higher Education Faculty Prepare for Second Life?
- Examining the Convergence of Technology, Learning and the Soul
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.