Training teachers to manage problem-solving classes with computer support
Save to My Collections
Richard, P.R., Cobo, P., Fortuny, J.M. & Hohenwarter, M. (2008). Training teachers to manage problem-solving classes with computer support. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (pp. 3520-3530). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/28872.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2008
June 30, 2008
Joseph Luca & Edgar R. Weippl
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
The limited use of technology in classrooms may be a consequence of a lack of technological means in schools, of teachers’ unawareness of available ICT teaching resources and the need of having to adapt them to their classroom situation; or of the insufficient theoretical and practical training that teachers have to allow them to successfully integrate technology learning environments into their teaching. In this paper we propose ways and describe examples of using GeogebraTUTOR, a tutorial system incorporating elements of dynamic geometry, for initial teacher training focusing on problem solving, mathematical reasoning, and communication processes. In addition, we discuss the necessary professional skills of teachers related to the processes of teaching and learning problem solving with computer support in the classroom.
- Teaching for Application: A Model for Assisting Pre-Service Teachers With Technology Integration
- The Effects of the Use of Interactive Whiteboards on Student Achievement
- A New Teacher Tool, Interactive White Boards: A Meta Analysis
- Toward Technology Integration in the Schools: Why It Isn’t Happening
- Professional learning during a one-to-one laptop innovation
- Teachers Facing ICT The Case of Greece
- What ICT-related skills and capabilities should be considered central to the definition of digital literacy?
- Using iPod Touch and iPad Educational Apps in the Classroom
- Managing Teachers’ Barriers to ICT Integration in Singapore Schools
- Can technology transform teaching and learning? The impact of interactive whiteboards.
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.