Creating Digital Stories by College Students in Project Based Learning
Save to My Collections
Susono, H., Shimomura, T., Kagami, A. & Ono, E. (2008). Creating Digital Stories by College Students in Project Based Learning. In J. Luca & E. Weippl (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (pp. 2730-2734). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/28748.
World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (EDMEDIA) 2008
June 30, 2008
Joseph Luca & Edgar R. Weippl
More Information on EDMEDIA
Table of Contents
At Mie University and Kogakkan University in Mie, the college students have created their digital stories in Project Based Learning for a few years. We have focused on creating a story on the theme "Motttainai" (That's a waste. or Wastefulness) within 90 seconds in Susono's Educational Technology classes for future teachers. The students were able to produce their digital and other stories collabatively and learned a lot concerning the theme through creating storytelling. After creating their stories, they were able to use a web forum in the "Moodle" to show their stories to the classmates and to communicate with them.
- Researching and Evaluating Digital Storytelling as a Deep Learning Tool
- The Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
- Digital Storytelling and Reflective Assessment
- A Multilevel Approach to Using Digital Storytelling in the Classroom
- Digital Storytelling as Narrative Pedagogy
- Implementation of Digital Storytelling in the Classroom by Teachers Trained in a Digital Storytelling Workshop
- Digital Storytelling by Future Teachers: “Tegami (A Letter to Myself)”
- Everyone Has a Story to Tell: Examining Digital Storytelling in the Classroom
- Learning History with Biography-based Video & Web Tools: Research Results
- Online Videos that Teach Digital Storytelling to Japanese Students and Teachers
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.